Home page of Vassilis Kostakos
Professor (Full), Computer Engineering in Ubiquitous Computing
Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Oulu
Leader of the Community Imaging Group
Courtesy appointment at Center for Environmental and Respiratory Health
Marie Curie Fellow
Fellow, Academy of Finland Distinguished Professor Program
Research interests: ubiquitous and pervasive computing, human-computer interaction, social and dynamic networks. [CV ] [photo]
- My Group's website is now available http://comag.oulu.fi.
- 8-12 Sep 2013: We got two full papers accepted at Ubicomp 2013. You can find them here.
- 8-12 Sep 2013: Co-organising 3 workshops at Ubicomp 2013: HiCUE 2013, SOFTec 2013, and UbiMi 2013. Please submit!
- 1-4 Sep 2013: Participating in the Dagstuhl seminar on Crowdsourcing.
- 31 Jul 2013: Our work on crowdsourcing is featured in New Scientist.
- 10 Jul 2013: Our CrisisTracker platform won the Tech Challenge for Atrocity Prevention by Humanity United and USAID.
- 17-21 Dec 2012: Invited speaker at the Lorentz Center workshop on Computational Models of Physical/Virtual Space Interaction.
Department of Computer Science & Engineering
University of Oulu
90014 Oulu, Finland
vassilis _AT_ ee.oulu.fi
Random research image