IEEE - Senior Member
Adjunct Professor (Docent), University of Oulu, Finland
University researcher, University of Oulu, Finland
Project Manager, Research Scientist, University of Oulu, Finland
Fixed term IAS Visiting Professor of Yokohama National University, Yokohama, Japan (Feb 2016 - March 2018)
Ultra wideband communications
Short range communications
Radio channel modelling
Wireless sensor and body area networks
Personal Contact Information:
Address: Centre for Wireless Communications, P.O.Box 4500, FI-90014 University of Oulu, Finland
Room: TS446, Linnanmaa
Telephone: +358 294 480 000 (university's phone exchange)
Find me also from LinkedIn and University's page.
Complete list of my publications.
H-index: 26 by Google Scholar (May 24, 2020)
My Google Scholar public page can be accessed from here.
Scopus Author ID: 7102722291.
I am a quest editor of:
- International Journal of Ultra Wideband Communications and Systems (IJUWBCS), Special Issue on: "Applications of Ultra WideBand Technology in Healthcare". Journal is now available at InderScience website.
- IEICE Transaction on Communications, Special Section on Information and Communication Technology for Medical and Healthcare Applications in Conjunction with Main Topics of ISMICT2013.
- International Journal of Wireless Information Networks: Special Issue in the area of Body Area Network Technology and Applications. Springer, 2017.
- IEEE Access - Special issue on Body Area Networks, 2017.
- International Journal of Wireless Information Networks: Special Issue on "Body Area Networks - Best papers from Bodynets 2018". Springer, 2019.
- IEEE Access - Special issue on Body Area Networks - Bodynets 2018, 2019. Call for Papers. Submission deadline is March 31, 2019.
- Sensors - Special Issue "Wireless Body Area Networks for Health Applications", MDPI, 2020.
And I am belonging to the Editorial Board of Annals of Telecommunications and being an Associate Editor of IEEE Access.
I was the General Chair of Bodynets 2018, which was held in Oulu, Finland on Oct 2-3, 2018.
- 15th International Symposium on Medical Information and Communication Technology, ISMICT 2021, in May 2021, Xiamen, China.
- 15th International Conference on Body Area Networks (BodyNets2020). Oct 21-22, 2020, Tallinn, Estonia (to be organized as a virtual event). See the website. Deadline to submit papers is June 15, 2020.
- Sensors - Special Issue "Wireless Body Area Networks for Health Applications", MDPI.
-I am giving a course on Wireless Body Area Networks. Next time the lectures will be given during the spring 2022. The course will be given every other year (2018, 2020, ...). In addition to lectures and final exam, the course includes compulsory individual seminar presentations.